Organised by Guilherme Pinto Basto, the match was played in January 1889. Players in the British team came from, amongst others, the cable station at Carcavelos and the Graham’s Textile and General Trading firm based in Lisbon at Braço da Prata. The Portuguese team included six members of the Pinto Basto family.
For more information, please see:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER