The pottery factoru was established by a Portuguese in 1856. However, for much of its life it was managed and owned by British people. It closed down in the 1990s. The author, himself a member of one of the British families involved, gives a description of the several British connections of the factory.
Download article here
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER