The Historical Association, Lisbon Branch
A very successful Exhibition to commemorate the Centenary of the Death of the Duke of Wellington was held in the British Institute, Lisbon, under the auspices of the Lisbon Branch of the Historical Association, from December 13th to 18th, 1952. The Branch owes a great debt of gratitude to the principal organizers, Dr. Carlos Estorninho, Professor Virgínia Rau and Mr. A. R. Walford.
Owners of many famous private collections of Peninsular War relics responded most generously to the appeal for exhibits and the Lisbon Branch would like to take this opportunity to express thanks to: H. B. M. Ambassador, Sir Nigel Ronald, K.C.M.G., C.V.O., the family of Sr. Frederico Ferreira Pinto Basto, Dr. Rafael Salinas Calado, D. Martinho Pereira Coutinho, Dr. George R. Champalimaud Duff, Dr. Fausto de Figueiredo, Mr. E. Flower, Mr. H. E. O. Gilbert, Dr. J. Monteiro Grilo, The British Institute in Portugal, Mrs. R. G. Jayne, Mrs. H. Jennings, Dr. Fernando Pessoa Jorge, Dr. J. da Cruz Jorge, Eng. Mário Pessoa Jorge, D. Maria Mendes Leal, Sr. Fernando Mardel, Capt. Gastão de Mello de Matos, D. Georgina Avelar Machado Soares Mendes, Sr. Diogo Oleiro, Sr. Emmanuel Ribeiro, Sr. Fancisco Barros e Sá, Mr. G. M. Tait, Com. Ernesto de Vilhena and Mr. F. G. Wood.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER