Why We Are Different
- Our guides live in Portugal and are fluent in English and Portuguese.
- The British Historic Society has actively contributed to the promotion and conservation of Portugal’s Peninsular War heritage for over 30 years.
- Being local, we can offer a totally flexible approach that can include other options that cater for a variety of cultural interests (click here).
- We can adapt the itinerary as the tour progresses to reflect individual preferences and can split the group.
- The tours can last from half a day to over a week long.
- Accommodation is often in privately owned houses or hotels with a historic interest.
- We strive to introduce clients to the best of Portuguese food and wine.